1994 130hp gauge issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 130hp gauge issues

Just joined the forum and I need a little guidance. Although I grew up in a boat I just bought my first large outboard engine. It is a 1994 130 hp Yamaha on a 19' Bay Pro. There are two digital gauges on the console but I can't read either one of them because time has taken its toll on the covers, but I can tell one of them is powered up and it appears to be a multi-function gauge with 1 function being oil pressure. What are these gauges called and used for? What is best for restoring the gauge covers? Where can I get wiring schematics and manuals for these gauges and this engine? Thanks for the time.
    Last edited by loudejean1; 02-02-2011, 11:39 PM.

find your model number here. Yamaha Outboard Parts 1994
    there are some wiring schematics in the electrical tabs. I am not sure what gauges you are looking at. maybe a pic would help

Comment

Freezing rain outside, I'll upload pics when I can. The gauges appear to be digital multi-function gauges for the Yamaha engine but I don't know what gauges were available back in 94.

Comment

couple things.
        first a 130 is a mid range far from large.
        second there is no oil pressure on a two stroke.
        the gauge displays really cant be cleaned.
        they are almost 20 years old and may simply be due for replacement.
        yellow is key on 12V positive, black is ground.
        make sure both are there.

Comment

LOL..Rod is use to all these 250 and 350s..

Comment

size is relative. 130 is large compared to a 25! here are a couple pics, i hope they come out okay. i bought a headlight restoring kit for the gauge covers, guess I will try that and let you know how it works.

Thanks for the help.
            Attached Files

Comment

yes that is the digital smart gauge..the headlight lens cleaner should work fine..let me know how it works out

Comment

headlight cleaner that attaches to your drill worked great. gauges are powered up but the led lights are very dim. can that be fixed are do they need to be replaced? where can i find replacement gauges like this?

Comment

how about the manual or instructions for these gauges? where can I find them? the tach/water/oil multi-function meter is the one i'm most concerned with.

Comment

try checking the input voltage, yellow to black, at the guages.
                    if its 12V and the readout is still dim its pretty much done.
                    sunlight and time kill the LCD assy.
                    I dont think that tach is avalible now but the later 6y5 tach and the correct round to square adapter is avalible.
                    in 1995 yamaha changed from round connectors to square.

Comment

Working...
                    X