Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 Yamaha C150TXRX loosing RPM's

Hi there,

Been reading through the forum as I am on a remote island in bahamas and have no access to reliable mechanics. Here is whats happening. Initially I would be cruising at about 4200 rpm without a problem. But then my rpms would drop and the only way to counteract would be to pump the prime ball. which would get me running again. Initially I though it was a problem with water seperator or primeball. However I eliminated water seperator and problem continued. I also noticed gas spots in the water. Later I found out that the clip into the engine had rotted. So the latest is I have a brand new filter/water seperator and I have the line going directly into the engine, no clip. Seemed to be running ok but when I push it past 4000 rpms it dies out and the rpms drop. It seems to be idling ok, a little excessive smoke initially but all in all runs ok. Any help please. Am leaning towards diaphragms but any other thoughts??

if you pump ball and engine falters then yes diaphrams
    sounds more like some restriction,airleak and a carb clean/rebuild wouldnt hurt
    filters changed recently ?

Comment

Working...
    X