New Yamaha Fuel Gauge Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Yamaha Fuel Gauge Not Working

I bought a new Blackjack in September w/ a Yamaha F225 Sport Model. The fuel gauge is showing full all the time. Obviously a problem that can get me in a bind.

I know this is a warranty item, but not real convenient to get boat to the dealer. Was wondering if anyone had experienced the same issue and has an easy fix. I have to think it is not a tough one to resolve.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks AEB

Is it Yamaha gauges or aftermarket?, If Yamaha what style gauges are they, Command Link, standard digital, or analog?
    Will need to test fuel level sender in gas tank, Do you have access to it?
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Boats,
      It is a Yamaha Standard Digital. I do have access to the sending unit which I assume, is on the top of the tank. any suggestions on how to test the sending Unit?
      Thanks

Comment

gage allways reed full

switches on back of gage should not be set to Yamaha since the chances of the sending unit being Yamaha are remote shoud be set to standard that same probem happen to me affter I change the sending unit a couple of times and the wiring I finally found the problem.

Comment

Even if it is not real convenient to get boat to the dealer , it sounds like you need to.
          Especially if you want your warranty to continue

Comment

Disconnect the pink wire at the fuel sender at the tank, slowly the gauge should drop to empty,
            if that works put a 100 Ohm resistor across both wires at the fuel sender at the tank, the gauge should slowly raise to about 1/2 tank or so, if both of these tests work there is a problem with the fuel sender, if not do the same test at the back of the gauge. If it works there, there is a wiring problem in the boat, if not the gauge is the issue either of which will be best done by the dealer.
            As well as the fuel sender if you are inexperienced.

Comment

Guys thanks for the help. I have attached a photo of the gauge settings. Wanted to start out easy before getting to wiring and the sending unit. Any idea if these are set correctly for the Standard Digital gauge? If you need more info, just reply and a big thanks in advance!
              Attached Files

Comment

Here is setting chart
                SpeedoSettings.JPG
                Regards
                Boats.net
                Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
                X