digital tachometer connection f l00 wiring diagram needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• digital tachometer connection f l00 wiring diagram needed

hi picked up a 2003 f100 carby, with tacho gauge and a speedo /battery/ hour gauge, only trim trim works on the tacho, and revs stay at 0, trim dosent work on the speedo gauge, wiring harness joins the two gauges, two plugs under the fuse cover will plug in either engine plug, , think i need a wiring diagram as obviously they dont match, also have 1 white and one black left over in coupling ??? dumb aussie

Here is diagram
    6YRW0035F2_703Wiring.JPG

Tach Settings.JPG
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
      Here is diagram
      [ATTACH]549[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]550[/ATTACH]
      Hi thanks for that, trouble is no gray lead on tacho or loom, mine is blue all others are correct, tacho still wont give the revs, shows 88 when starting then goes back to zero when running even when flat out, I have checked all the leads and they are ok, the hour meter speedo gauge switches are set to up up down and up is this correct, would this make a difference ?? also trim dosent work still in the speedo any other suggestions thanks john

Comment

is any of this actually made by yamaha other than the engine?
        yamaha never put the trim indicate in the speedometer.
        that would be fuel.
        however we have no idea what your dealing with other than a F100

Comment

also no such thing in ANY literature about up or down dip switches.
          simply ON or OFF.
          kinda like left and right on a boat.
          simply NOT used.
          leads to confusion.
          the dip switchs on the speedo have noting to do with the tachometer.

Comment

black and white wire?

On my boat that's for landyard switch, tach's are pretty easy to hook up. My boat has lots of wires and increases the confusion. Once I stripped and pulled them down to have look it's easier to see whats going on. Im dealing with johnson system check and it's not that difficult to figure out top wires one is key on power,black ground,green is sending wire, other wires complete a circuit for low oil,no oil,overheat.

Comment

Yes well its all genuine Yamaha gear and all I know is what I said, the trim gauge could be fuel level as you say, as I have no sender to connect to, although it says nothing on the unit, just shows the bars same as trim, as for the switches in the speedo I was just asking if they did alter the set up, but basicaly the amount of wires plus the ability to swap the connecter for the looms from one plug to the other on the engine is confusing, all I want is to get the tacho going, this is what happens when your yamaha dealer wont help because you didnt buy it of him lol

OK ALL YOU GUYS, THERE WAS A SHORT BETWEEN RED AND GREEN WIRE OUT OF THROTTLE HOUSING, JOBS DONE WORKING FINE NOW,
              thanks for the help but trouble was a long way away from the tacho in the end and hard to spot, however one thing I would like to mention, I had a F80 yamaha with 110 hrs up, motor was fine but the engine cover faded quite badly, infact it looked pathetic, Yamaha Australia stated they didnt gaurantee there paint or finnish and sugested a canvas engine cover should be used to prevent sun damage, they recomended I buy a tin of spray paint and new stickers, is Yamaha USA as bad as that or do you guys get servise, cheers john, www.safari-tours.com.au
              Last edited by safaritours; 02-13-2011, 02:49 AM. Reason: problem solved

Comment

Working...
              X