Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prov 200

hi,
    I have a 20 foot powerboat with 1991 prov 200 on the back,I have just bought it and it is in perfect condition.First time I took it out it went about 1/2 a mile,started to misfire then stopped.after messing about got it running enough to get home.I had cleaned out the tank and filled it with fresh fuel beforehand,and replaced the water seperator so definately not water problem.Tried pumping the fuel bulb but made no differance,both fuel pumps are new,tested them-ok.checked compressions,all 125-130 psi.stripped and checked
    carbs,all clean as a whistle and full of fuel.
    It starts and seems to run on all 6 no problem so could this be a heat related problem,not sure where else to go,any good ideas?

test spark,test compression fix the fuel system.
    have you tested the alarm system?
    no alarm condition will shut off the engine.
    most likly yor still fighting a debris in the fuel issue.

Comment

yamaha prov 200

Yes thanks rodbolt17,
      I have since put new plugs in it(old ones looked new anyway)and tested the ignition coils.Like I said the compressions are all spot on and the fuel system has been thoroughly cleaned out,also after incident,stripped and checked carbs for contamination and they were spotless and full of fuel.
      How do you test the stator,charge coils and cdi unit?
      alarm system has also been checked and is working as it should.
      Last edited by jagmanpete; 01-05-2011, 10:19 AM. Reason: missed out a bit

Comment

only way to test charge coil and pulser coil and CDI outputs is with a service manual and a peak reading type meter or a digital meter with a peak reading adapter.
        and then you must run all tests while its failed or failing.

Comment

yam prov200

1 thing I forgot to mention,the tacho is'nt working,it has a multi function digital guage,do you think this could be linked to the problem? all the other functions of the guage work.

Comment

Hi, I have the samwe engine and the same problem with the tach not giving a reading, everything else is working fine with the gauge but just no reading so I would be very interested to see how you fix this if you could post how if you get it sorted. As for you other problem I can't help sorry as mine is still running fine so i can only assume that it is not related to the tach not working but this is only an asumption as I know little about electrics.
            Look forward to seeing if you get your tacho working.

Comment

Working...
            X