F70 NMEA connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F70 NMEA connection

have recently bought a new boat with the f70a bolted onto the boat, I am wanting to setup a nmea network but need to know where I can get an interface cable and where to hook it up to. I have been led to believe that it should hook into a harness under the cowl, there is a socket with a blue and white wire in it.

Regards,

Dave

depends on what guage package it has.

Comment

they are just the standard digital multifunction gauges

Comment

Dave, the key issue is whether your gauges are the newer Command Link gauges, or the older versions. I'm assuming the older versions, since you still have the Command Link connections available under the cowl.

If that's the case, there are a number of ways to get to NMEA. If you go completely by the book, you'll want to go from the motor, via a pigtail, to a command link hub, and then from the hub to the NMEA network via Yamaha's NMEA gateway module. If you do have Command Link gauges, you should already have a hub under the dash, so all you'll need is the gateway module.

However, I think if you do some homework you may find a cheaper way to skin that cat. These links may be helpful:

Connect an HDS to a YAMAHA F300 - The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum
        NMEA 2000 Yamaha Commandlink to Lowrance - The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum

Good luck!

Tim
        Last edited by TimS; 12-30-2010, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Tim,
          Thanks for that they are older gauges(not command link). I think I have found what I need.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

Working...
          X