Yamaha F115 starting problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha F115 starting problems

I have a 2004 F115. I having problems starting my starboard engine. It's been getting harder to start over the last few months. Lately when I go to start it, the engine cranks over, but nothing. As soon as I let go of the key it roars to life. I make sure the fuel bulb is hard. I checked the valve on top of the fuel rail and gas shoots out, so I know it's getting plenty of gas. Yesterday I took the intake off in the front and sprayed carb cleaner around the plates, they looked pretty clean anyway. Once the engine get's warmed up it will start normaly. Runs all day with no problems
    about 9 months ago I had a problem with the same engine. the shop told me there was a restriction in the gas tank. they blew air through the lines to move it. (not remove it.) the boat has run fine after that. It would be a bitch to remove the starboard tank. since I have pressure up in the fuel rail I doubt that is it.
    Do you think this is some sort of sensor problem, or fuel pressure problem?

check spark and rail pressure while cranking, a low battery or a faulty connection can and will do that.
    simply not enough voltage left to run the ECU,pump and injectors while its cranking, starter can suck all the electrons and the little pigs simply starve.

Comment

Working...
    X