2006 yammy high thrust info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 yammy high thrust info?

i went and had a look at a second hand 2006 60 hp 4 stroke yammy high thrust today with 17 hrs on the clock

the thing is when we were running it for about 10-15 mins an overheating alarm went off ?????

is this a usual thing for four strokes also its last service was in september 08
    and the motor hasnt been out at all in 2010 (maybe once)

and info would be great

over heat is not normal for a good running and maintained motor of any type.
    did it show up on the tach as an overheat alarm?
    Is this a fresh water motor or salt?

Comment

Yeh it is a salt one I don't know if it was an overheat alarm I just went by what he said ...... He said it is because it is idleing and only a hose for water I have purchased the boat with this motor on and hope it's something small ...... It started first pop and sounds sweet

Comment

Sounds like time for a water pump kit, thermostats and PRV if it has one.
        See what the passages look like when you have the parts out and hope you do not have any major problems

Comment

i am getting it serviced on thursday and replace thermo and impela but i will let you know the outcome
          cheers for your help by the way wat is a PRV
          cheers hemi

Comment

Pressure relief valve or pressure control valve
            I have no idea if yours has one, lower HP motors probably do not, but if it does make sure to look to see if there is corrosion around it that can cause it to stick open and dump too much water at lower RPM

Comment

well he did the service and $630 . he replaced a very sad corroded thermostat, a droopy water pump, all oils and filters and we ran it.....pleased that there was no dreaded alarm going off and i will test her out fully after xmas.
              thanx again for your advise and wish u and ur family a very merry christmas and ney year

cheers hemi

Comment

$630? man that sounds kind of high, but I have never paid someone to work on my motors before ,so what do I know.

Comment

630?
                  depends on local shop rates.
                  water pump,tstat and oil change and gear oil change your looking at about 3-4 hours labor and about 200 worth of parts at a minimum.

Comment

Working...
                  X