Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F70 vs F75

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to buy a mid sized aluminum fishing boat next season (16-17 foot probably around 1,000 pounds) and I'm thinking about whether to go with an F70 or the F75. I've done some basic searching online, looking at performance bulletins on the Yamaha website, etc., and it sure seems like the F75 is still quite a bit stronger than the F70, quite a bit more so than the 5 HP would suggest. Of course, I know the F75 is aslo just a detuned F90 and I imagine it would also have significantly more torque than the F70 given the displacement advantage.

Anyone here seen a test of the F70 and F75 on the same hull and the same conditions? I can't seem to find a true apples to apples comparison anywhere and I'd rather not make a mistake on my initial purchase and wish I would've gone for the F75. I'd like for the F70 to perform as well given the weight and fuel economy advantages, but I'm just not sure . . .

Thanks in advance!

No haven't seen an same boat comparison, both engines do perform very well but haven't run them side by side.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

There is no substitute for horse power or cubic inches

Comment

Working...
      X