Carb issue I think.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb issue I think.

After removing and cleaning my carburetors on my 2006 150 TXR 2 stroke I finally ran my engine for the first time this morning. I flushed the fuel lines from the tank to the carbs. Installed new fuel filter and ran the engine out of a portable tank with sea foam just to make sure everything was clean. It started off smoking a little (expected as it may have burned off residual cleaner). The r.p.m’s were a high but I had raised them due dirty carbs earlier in the year. I lowered the r.p.m’s and it started popping every 30 seconds or so and a little smoke would come out. I removed the silencer and checked the sync of the carbs. It all appears to be okay. Any other ideas would be great.

Thanks,

Reel Insane

After posting my last post, I sat down and enjoyed a cold beverage when it hit me. I got up and turned on every light I own and pointed it to the engine. Drained all carbs and lightly tapped on the floats with a pick. Pumped the primer a few times to expell a little fuel from the bowls. Re-installed the drain screws and primed it up. The moment of truth had arrived. I fired up the engine and ran it for about 10 minutes with no problem at idle.

I will go for a sea trial this Saturday morning for the official test.

Keep you all posted,

Reel Insane

Comment

on hose in the yard means nothing... need to be run under load

Comment

You are 100% correct, running the engine on a hose does mean nothing. But, if you can't get your engine to run correctly on a hose your odds for a successful sea trial are reduced greatly. Especially those of us that live 30 plus miles away from a body of water big enough for a decent run. I will let you all know the results this weekend.

Have great week,

Reel Insane

Comment

Working...
        X