Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 150 Yamaha Tilt Trim Slow Bleed

Hello!

My tilt trim does not have any apparent external leaks. If I raise the motor, it will slowly leak down.

When I raise the motor, it sounds as if there is air in the system.

I have gone through the purge process of raising and lowering the motor all the way up and down while adding fluid in the full up position.

What could be leaking internally that would cause this problem?

Also, the 3 allan head screws holding the motor and valve assembly on are stuck. There doesn't seem to be any corrosion, but there must be or a lot of loctite was used.

Thank you for your knowledge!

Aaron
    Last edited by The Smoker King; 10-27-2010, 09:11 PM.

Could be manual release valve, main valves or relief valves inside unit that are leaking, hard to say.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I think it may be. The 3 allen head bolts that hold the pump motor/valve assembly on are stuck....

I think the problem is with the center trilt cylinder. I drained all fluid out and added new fluid. It works, but when the cylinder fully extends or fully retracts, I hear a rushing fluid sort of noise a second or two. It seems to stop after the cylinder is fully retracted or extended, but the noise sounds like air a little.

The unit is on my work bench. I cleaned it up and sprayed a little WD40 on top of the tilt cylinder. I saw a little bubbling when the cylinder was extending. It did not seem like any fluid was coming out though. I wonder if the top seal is bad on that cylinder, or if that could cause my problem.

Comment

Working...
      X