Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop question - slipping?

Guys,

Have a 2002 - 25 foot Godfrey Marine pontoon with the Yamaha 115 outboard. On Saturday we were out riding and I experienced something unusual. At about 4000 rpm's the engine would change sounds and the boat would slow somewhat. The rpm's would increase until I could back off the throttle and it would seem to catch up. My thinking is the prop was spinning because the engine never cut out. Engine has always ran great. THOUGHTS??

Also, the prop has a number 14 on it. No others visible from front. Want to switch it out as it was probably for pulling skiers. It pulls out of the hole good but does not have a lot of top end. Any suggestions for this boat and engine on prop?

THANKS.

Any prop shop can replace the rubber donut to prevent the slipping and clean up the dings in the prop.

Comment

Originally posted by mfaile View Post
      Guys,
      Also, the prop has a number 14 on it. No others visible from front. Want to switch it out as it was probably for pulling skiers. It pulls out of the hole good but does not have a lot of top end. Any suggestions for this boat and engine on prop?

THANKS.
      Performance Bulletin Home

Comment

Working...
      X