Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30hp .... No spark .... CDI ????

Hello all,
    I had a rather bad day the other weekend .... Out fishing and picked a spot and thought I'll fish here and if theres no bites I'll move ..... So I stoped the motor and started fishing .....well there was no bites and there was no moving .... after about 2 hrs stuffing around I end up being towed by a mate to the rescue .... hmmmm ..... Now to the problem there is no spark whatsoever on all 3 cyl ... I've orverridden the kill sw and checked all the connections ..... So Please correct me if I am wrong I think it's unlikely all 3 pulsar (??) or ignition coils have gone at the same time .....So I'm thinking it's the CDI .... I want to try and test the CDI ins and outs before I spend the $$$ to get a new one ..... So has anyone got any ideas of the readings I should be looking for ..... and any other suggestions for the cause/cure you might think of would be appreciated too ..... The motor is a 96 3cyl 30 hp YAM
    THANKS
    Michael

How did you bypass the kill switch?
    Hopefully it was not by hooking the 2 wires together that go to the switch as that would ground the system and keep it from firing

A Yamaha service manual would be the best investment you can buy for your motor. It will give all the steps for testing the ignition system and what equipment is needed for the tests along with the specs.

Comment

Working...
    X