Yamaha multifunction speedometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha multifunction speedometer

My gauge is partially working but will not give speed or trip info. Tried cleaning out the pin hole in the lower unit of the starboard outboard where the tubing connection is made but the tubing in the lower unit is clogged. The tube from the gauge is clear, checked it with psi of air. Tried the tube in lower unit with air (nothing). The gauge is connected to the starboard outboard, I noticed in the port side outboard the same tube but with a plug in the end of it. Can I reverse the gauge tubing and connect it to the port engine if the pin hole and tubing is clear in that engine. If not can I connect a teleplex pitot and tube to the transom and connect that tubing with a coupling to the gauge tubing after i disconnect it from the starboard engine. Would that give me speed and trip readings?

Originally posted by sledgeham80 View Post
    My gauge is partially working but will not give speed or trip info. Tried cleaning out the pin hole in the lower unit of the starboard outboard where the tubing connection is made but the tubing in the lower unit is clogged. The tube from the gauge is clear, checked it with psi of air. Tried the tube in lower unit with air (nothing). The gauge is connected to the starboard outboard, I noticed in the port side outboard the same tube but with a plug in the end of it. Can I reverse the gauge tubing and connect it to the port engine if the pin hole and tubing is clear in that engine. If not can I connect a teleplex pitot and tube to the transom and connect that tubing with a coupling to the gauge tubing after i disconnect it from the starboard engine. Would that give me speed and trip readings?
    Can someone help me with this

Comment

Yes you can use pickup on other engine or install one of transom of boat, either will work ok.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
      X