Yamaha 2003 HPDI 200hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 2003 HPDI 200hp

Hey guys...long time reader, first time thread.
    I have a 2003 200 hp HPDI.
    I have been having the dreaded fuel problems with the motor surging& bogging down at WOT.
    Because of this site I am an expert at cleaning the VST Tank and changing the filter there.
    My problem continues to be at the High pressure pump, where the fuel enters the pump, it continues to get debris and stop the screens.
    Does anyone have any pictures showing these screens and the best way to get to them and clean them. Its my understanding that the screens do not come out, they have to be cleaned in place.

Somehow materials get by all of the filters and end up at the pump. I am currently un-employed and can't keep going to the mechanic. Helpppp
    Thanks,
    bwright9

The filters in high pressure can't be removed, they are located in the fuel pump portion of gear pump assy. Here is the name of a company that can rebuild that pump for you,
    Flagship Marine Engines Co., Inc.
    200 E. Ann St.
    Punta Gorda, FL 33950-6006
    Ph: 1-888-282-2840
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Yamaha 2003 200HPDI

Thanks for the info.
      My pump is good, I just wanted to know the location of the screens and what you thought would be the best way to get at them. Thanks

Comment

bwright9
        I do not know you location but is the fuel E-10? I have not seen debris in the screen in the high pressure pump, but it is adversely affected by ethanol. Think about your fuel system. Your boat should have a water separating fuel filter on board, then the similar but smaller version on the engine block, then the one in the VST and finally the one going to the high pressure pump(which is just a paper filter in that brass/stainless housing.). The only debris that can make it through all this filtration would be a soluble debris.

I have found that the screen in the high pressure pump does not become plugged as much as it expands in the machined bore causing a fuel restriction. It does come out because it must be changed when it is rebuilt. Right or wrong when using E-10 I have found it must be left out or you end up servicing the pump for a screen issue and not a pump failure.

There are pictures of the screen on this forum just do a search.

Comment

This is a post with pictures.
          http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...p-th10974.html

Comment

Hi Pressure pump

Hey I appreciate the comeback.
            Over the weekend I was emailed about a member named "Gringo". He lives in the Turk & Caicos and has a 300HPDI. Anyway, he ended up practically rebuilding his motor and while doing his work he ended up in the hi pressure pump. He photgraphed all of his and he and showed the screens. There are four screens. If you get a chance take a look at his thread.
            I believe its titled: 300 Yamaha HPDI, water in the cylinders.
            Its long..go to thread on page 23 check out the photos.

The guy is now a legend in the repair of the Yammy.

Thanks again

Comment

200 HPDI Hi Pressure Pump

Now that I know how many screens are in the Hi pressure pump and their location.....(Thanks to Gringo) Does anyone no where those screens can be purchased??

Thanks again

Comment

Can you give me a link? I searched here and could not find it. Thank you

Comment

sounds like I am having the same problem as you. Mine runs great until about 15 minutes on WOT then bogs way down. Did you ever get resolution, what did you do or find out?

Comment

Working...
                  X