Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this sound like a carb problem? 2002 50 hp yami jet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this sound like a carb problem? 2002 50 hp yami jet.

2002 Yamaha 50 hp jet drive. Sometimes hard to start, motor seems to bog under load, going upstream, or with a passenger. When the jet cavitates if I am in heavy chop the revs jump up and then it runs good. Same deal with running upstream compared to downstream, it runs better downstream. Oh ya, if the motor is bogging, or missing and I trim up until it cavitates (RPM surge) then this normally gets it running fine again. Sometimes it just up and starts running fine on its own as well, sometimes it runs good (but slightly hesitates-misses as I throttle up) from the get go??
    I have posted this same problem here before, the boat is new to me and just figured the above scenario-pattern out. There is a definate pattern to it not running properly, load related.

I had the local yami dealer look at it, test the electronics and said it was an ignition coil. They replaced said coil and there is no difference.

Thinking of having the 4 carbs rebuilt? Any of you guys had the same issues? How did you remedy it
    Last edited by YamiJet; 08-26-2010, 06:18 PM.

if you feather choke and it runs better yes clean/ rebuild carbs... do you use a water separator ?

Comment

Originally posted by jb123 View Post
      if you feather choke and it runs better yes clean/ rebuild carbs... do you use a water separator ?
      How do I feather choke? It has remote controls, just a fast idle bar.

Yes I use a water seperator.
      Last edited by YamiJet; 08-26-2010, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X