Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 40BR battery charging?

Hello!

I have just recently purchased an old Yamaha 40BR which is year 1979 if I remember correctly. It is running perfectly, but the motor doesn't have a proper wire harness. All that I have is orange, grey and black wires that go to the ignition coil. Stop button is connected to orange and grey wires.

All that I have as extra are two green wires which come from under the flywheel. These should be the charging cables but as I don't have wire harness connected I can't be sure of it and is it safe to connect a battery directly to these or should I get some voltage regulator between etc.

I do have the Yamaha 40BR,BE repair manual which includes wiring diagrams but to be honest these doesn't help. All that I see from that is these same wires come from a correct place then in wiring diagram next thing is these are hidden to cable channel, next some components between (not mentioned what these are), wires connected to the multiple points and then wires change colour. So not much of help.

The original wire harness seems to have the remote use panel connected which has a main power button, choke and stop and the charging wires. 40BE seems to have similar wiring except that it has a electric start also.

Hopefully someone knows what to do with these wires. Off course if someone knows where to get wiring harnesses at a reasonable price for 40BR or 40BE, I would be thankful.

Don't have any information that model but most of Yamaha motors the green wires from under flywheel connect to the rectifier/regulator which charges the battery.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X