Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim & tilt questions

Guys,

I have a couple of questions regarding trim & tilt on a 2000 OX66 VMax 150HP.

First off, am I reading the manual right, in that one shouldn't transition from tilt to trim while the motor is under power? By under power I mean idle/*****ing speed. I'm asking because -

Here's the second question. I just purchased this motor. It has sat idle most of this summer. When I transition from tilt (up, beyond trim range) down to trim I'm getting a "creaking" sound. The trim motor sounds fine. But the creaking sound is disconcerting. What would you guess is going on? FYI it seems to dissapate after I've used it for a while.

Could it be a t&t fluid issue? Does this sound like something I should have a dealer/service center look at?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Grease all grease fittings, put grease on ends of each trim cylinder ram where it makes contact with motor bracket.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I did get a can of lithium spray grease (suggested by dealer where the motor was originally purchased). As best I can tell the "interaction" was at the hinge point. Once I sprayed grease there the noise went away, and T&T works fine.

I did also grease the zircs, and I'm sure that helped also.

On a different, but related subject, I just picked up a Lock and Haul transom saver. It was easy to adjust for my motor, and once you get it adjusted it's easy to rig for trailering.

Comment

Working...
      X