Yamaha 250 VX conks out!!!Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 250 VX conks out!!!Help

My engine runs great @ All Rpms however when I go from neutral to in gear the engine will die. This only happens after the boat has been ran a while and it usually happens when I come back to the dock after being ran shut the engine off then cranking it back up to put back on the trailer. This only happens after the engine has ran a while and then turned off and cranked back up. My neutral Idle is 700 rpm, while my in gear idle drops to 600 rpms. I have torn the carbs down cleaned them, replaced spark plugs, replace fuel pumps, there seems to be not air getting infuel lines and the primer bulb is not going flat.
    Could this be matter of adjusting the carbs. If I give it gas slowly when this happens it will not happen. Any ideas would be Great!

Thanks

Mark
    Last edited by MarkTillman; 08-22-2010, 06:54 AM.

How old is your engine? Check the spark plug caps to make sure they are not arcing. Also what kind of plugs did you replace them with? Try Champion plugs instead of NGK.

Comment

Engine is a 1996, I am running NGK's I will buy some champion plugs and try that and check gap....what is the proper gap?

Comment

Plug gap is 1mm. Might check the shift switch on engine as well.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

personally i would only use jap plugs in a jap motor

Comment

Working...
          X