1999 S130 Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 S130 Issue

I have a 199 S130 that has been in the shop more than on the water. This season it ran o.k for a while and then began losing RPM's, and then picking up and "surging" so to speak. It was in the shop last year and had the carbs rebuilt twice by two different dealers and had all the coils replaced. This time the dealer said it was a bad coil and #2 cylinder was dropping. They replaced the coil and no change, still dropped. Then then ordered the all the remaining electrical system parts and began to swap all of them one at a time in an attempt to isolate the cause. None of this worked and they decided it now must be "fuel related". They indicated there was past corrosion in the bowls from possibly water sitting in the bowls from ethanol blended fuel and said the the jets may be getting plugged. In addition one of the floats was cracked and according to them is on back order. I have taken the time to order complete carbs for them as they say they could only find one (the other is back ordered too!) I wonder if any of this will ever fix this outboard and am just about ready to repower with anything but Yamaha. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Any motor will have problems if you have bad fuel and trash from tank/ lines flowing through it.
    Ethanol is hurting all of us, it is a battle we are having to fight.
    run clean fresh stabilized fuel and keep the 10 micron filter/water separator changed often. Running motor often is the best.

Comment

Working...
    X