F115 Height Position Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F115 Height Position Problem

Hello all, this is a first for me so hopefully I am doing this right. I have a F115 on my 18 foot FabTech Silver Dolphin, these boatS are built in Newfoundland Canada so I don't really expect anyone to know anything about them. But my problem is no matter how much I trim the motor up I cannot get the bow to lift and I can feel the bow dragging in the water. I don't really want to drop the motor down because the anti ventilation plate is about an inch above the bottom of the boat so probably a good position. I don't know what the angle of the transom is, but I was wondering if using transom wedges would help me add some bow lift? Right now I cannot go faster than 36mph w a 19" prop and I can feel the bow dragging in the water. Do any of u have an answer for me or some suggestions?

I'm not familiar with that boat, usually the cavitation plate is even with bottom of boat unless it has a step transom. If this boat is bow heavy then may have to try different prop to get bow lift, might contact boat manufacture for suggestions.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks, I have lowered the motor but have yet to put it back in the water. I will contact the boat manufacturer to see what position they keep the motor at.

Comment

I would think that if you can not trim the motor to the point of venting then transom wedges may need to be installed.
        If you are getting prop venting before your bow is lifted, then lowering the motor would be needed.
        Just my thoughts

Comment

Maybe change the position of the tilt adjustment pin at the bottom of the motot bracket? There's about 4 or 5 different positions that you could try that might help get your bow up more.

Comment

Working...
          X