Yamaha Digital Tach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Digital Tach

I have installed a new digital tach in my boat. I have a 200 SX225TX, 2 stroke engine. I bought everything new from the Yamaha Dealer.
    Installed the harness (s).
    Dip switches are all off according to card with guage.
    No other instructions with harness or guage.
    Guage constantly flashes at temp symbol.
    Oil symbols have a bar under each symbol.
    Have disconnected the grey wire at the engine.
    This engine has not been modified, these are factory harness plugged into a factory guage and factory complete engine.
    Why do I have to jump through hoops to get this to work correctly and why can't Yamaha provide instructions and diagrams for this type of installation.
    The dealer I bought if from wants to charge me $100 an hour to make it work.

Not sure what year motor you have , the model number looks incomplete.
    Dip switches should be set for 2 stroke engine, 12 pole alternator and if motor is 2000 or older set for 3 wire trim sender, 2001 and newer set for 2 wire trim sender.
    Tach Settings.JPG
    6YRW0035E1_F1 Installation Guide.doc
    Last edited by boats.net; 08-19-2010, 01:18 PM.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Yamaha Digital Tach

The tag with the model is patially torn. I am pretty sure the engine is 2001. The guage part # 6YR-W0035-E2-00. E2 not a E1. Does that make a difference? I will try both settings for the dip switches. I know the trim sender is bad, does that affect the operation with respect to the temp portion?
      Thanks very much

Comment

Still a no go on the temp indicator, still flashing bar. Still have bars below the 3 oil symbols. I am not going to pay the Dealer money to fix something I paid big bucks for. Yamaha needs to step up here and help.

Comment

Yamaha Digital Tach

Can you please provide me with the number for Yamaha Customer Service.

Comment

Yamaha-USA

Here is the number I used when I had and issue. 866-894-1626, this is Yamaha USA Customer Relations. They are located in Atlanta, GA,. Good luck.

Comment

e2????

The 6yr-w0035-e2-00 is for engines 06 and above. You needed the e1 kit.

The tach for that engine should have 2 square plugs, 1 female, 1 male, and the bullet conectors

Comment

your switches should be 1up and the next 2 down.

Comment

I have the male and female with the bullet connectors but my invoice says E-2.

Comment

I checked with the Dealer. He said he sold the E2 with an adapter harness. He said that is what he uses all the time for 2005 and older.
                    How do I tell what year my engine is? There is a decal that says meets 2001 emission standards, but I cannot find a serial#, just a model number. SX225TX.

Comment

Working...
                    X