2004 115 4-stroke bogs at acceleration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 115 4-stroke bogs at acceleration

My 115 4-stroke starts fine, idles fine but when I throttle up to it bogs down and starts to sputter. It won't plane off the boat. Its been a perfect power plant up till yesterday. (stranded on the Mississippi river) It has not been used in two years but I have started and ran the motor in the spring and fall.
    Suggestions??

what have you done so far

i guess you changed your fuel filters,. it would help if you knew what fuel pressure you had a fuel rail you need 42 psi at key on and maintain 38 psi under load.

May be you will have to clean your vst filter but really need some more info on what you have done so far

Comment

suggestion

Start with the easy inexspensive stuff first. If you think its a fuel issue change the water/fuel separator filter and the fuel filters on the motor. Theres actually two. One before the low pressure fuel pump and one after the low pressure pump, except they call this one a strainer. Try this before you go into that vs tank.

Comment

I have a similar problem with a 2006 115 4 stroke. I have changed all the fuel filters, before and after the low pressure pump,as well as the VST filter(that was an animal to get to!) Additionally i checked and cleaned all the injectors,new plugs, swapped out a new coil in each of the existing coil locations. Still the same problem.

Comment

Working...
        X