Contact Temperature Sending Unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contact Temperature Sending Unit

I'm using an aftermarket Water Temp Gauge (Teleflex) in my Century Boat. I run a Yamaha C150 with the standard Yamaha 2-wire water temp sender which will not work with after market water temp gauges. Aftermarket temp senders won't work with the Yamaha engine because they are tapered NPT and the engine port for the temp sender is not NPT. Does anyone know of a contact type temp sender unit available which can be attached to the engine heads? I've seen pictures of them but can't find them in any marine catalogs or websites.
    Thanks

Yamaha offers an adapter that screws into water port and has 1/8 npt to use with aftermarket gauges, part number MAR-WPRES-AD-TR
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
      Yamaha offers an adapter that screws into water port and has 1/8 npt to use with aftermarket gauges, part number MAR-WPRES-AD-TR
      This is a "water pressure" adaptor. However, does the water barb end shown on the adaptor screw out leaving a 1/8" NPT orifice where you can screw in an aftermarket temp sending unit? If yes, this will work.

Thanks

Comment

Yes it is a 2 piece kit.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

It would be a metric thread on the Yamaha if I am not mistaken, not 1/8"

Comment

Working...
          X