Fuel/water seperator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel/water seperator

Probably seems like a dumb question but I guess it's dumb to spend extra money on things also. Fuel/water seperators, are the filters the same as a standard oil filter? I know that they look identical, but will a standard oil filter function the same or is it a completely different filter? The filter I currently have is turning out to be somewhat harder to get a hold of and if there's no need to hunt one down and I can go to any auto parts store and buy one for 4 bucks and have it function the same then I'd much rather do that.

I believe that the fuel/water filter cartridges are a good bit different from an oil filter cartridge, although they look the same. I use the Walmart brand fuel/water seperator and their replacement cartridges are about $7. Every month or so I just unscrew mine, dump out the water/crud/whatever into a clean container so I can get an idea of what's in there, and just screw it back on. The fuel/water seperator is one preventive maintenance item that is worth it's weight in **** to me!

Comment

"Worth it's weight in "****".....

Comment

That's kind of what I was figuring but thought it would be dumb to not ask and find out later that I could have been using cheaper and easier to find parts. I may change it to a different style, likely a napa or walmart one just so it's more readily available.

Comment

Working...
        X