Half full water sep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half full water sep

Get the boat out running again. Ran good 1'day the second time I took it out after about a hour it staited surging again. Limping around on my way in the inlet i couldn't get one of the engines over 1800 rpm with out it cutting out the other engine ran fine. I get home pull the water sep filter and it was only half full of gas. It would run all day not miss or surge at 1500 as soon as i try and give it anymore fuel it falls back down. I would think the fuel pump would put out enough pressure all the time if it was going out it would just go out. Any ideas I think either the fuel line is restricted pump is bad or a bad water sep filter. I changed it 2 trips ago

Why not test the fuel pressure/vacuum to see what the problem is instead of guessing or even worse having others guess with out even looking at the motor.
    My guess is a air leak in lines.

Comment

Thanks for the reply last question for now what would be the best repair manual that I can buy for a 2002 lz 200 hpdi these engines have kept me pretty busy. I need a good manual as I don't have much experience with outboard.

Comment

I like the Yamaha ones but others like after market. never hurts to have more than one

If you run that HPDI with clogged filters or injectors it will eat the pistons
        Last edited by 99yam40; 08-02-2010, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X