50/35 Jet Outboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50/35 Jet Outboard

Working on a 50ESFJD powerhead, when I received the motor the oil injection system had been removed. I ordered a new oil pump and obtained a used tank. When installed I verified that the pump drive was infact moving with the flywheel and installed the new pump. The check valves and all tubing was still in place on the powerhead. To get to the point all check valves were verified to be open for flow and preventing back flow. I ran outboard with a 50:1 mix in fuel can until the oil flow could be verified. Motor was ran for 20-30 minutes and vent screw vented, but no oil flow. Removed and reinstalled to check for an obvious problem and found none, oil is getting to the pump, oil tank is full and no alarms are sounding. This motor will not idle properly it chugs out, any suggestions would be appreciated. In the process of locating a service manual for this particular outboard.

???

Well I thought this forum may offer some insight or probabilities, I guess not?

Comment

have patience and bump it up every so often to get it to the top and some one with the proper knowledge will respond.
      You may need to ask the questions more straight forward, motor will not idle properly it chugs out does not give much to go on. I do not have oil injection so no help with that, but if not running properly then you need to make sure the compression and spark is good and then look at the fuel.

Carbs would be my first guess

Comment

Thanks for the reply 99yam40, I do have some outboard experience this one has me baffled. The compression is equal at 120 on all three cylinders, I have cleaned and checked all three carbs. It will idle ok at times however, it will seem to spit back or skip and shut off. I am thinking it is an ignition issue but not versed much on the Yamaha systems, I have a book on it's way, I hope it will give some check points to follow. As far as the oil pump I have no idea, it is a new pump, it may be a bad one. I am soaking the check valves in solvent to make sure they are completly clear and will go from there.

Comment

Sounds like a lean sneeze and you need to look at the carbs again

Comment

Working...
          X