02 sensor question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 02 sensor question

i have 2001 ox66 200 with no issues. the 02 sensor is original and never been removed. i use ring free faithfully. no hour meter obviously but i figure i do about 75 hours a season. a local yam mechanic tells me i should remove it and clean it in ring free. why if i have no issues. his answer is i just should.

to remove carbon buildup to prolong longevity, also the tube behind it also needs to be cleaned. WHY do you change plugs, filters,waterpumps etc ?

Comment

It is one of Yamaha's recommended preventative maintenance items, how many othe ones are you not doing also?

Are you one of those that never change the oil or filter in your car and trucks just because it is running fine

Comment

thanks for the kind words guys. so i went to harbor freight and bought the 22mm socket for the job at 5.00. removed the tie wraps .removed the 10mm bolts. removed the unit. removed the sniffer. both items were clean. i did stick the sensor in some ring free for about an hour just before the threads as not to damage the unit. as clean as it was not much of a difference after soaking. put it back in.
        fortunatley i have never had an issue with my motor or components.
        i change the gear oil after each season.put new plugs in in the spring. new fuel filter and water seperator filter each spring. water pump and stats after 3rd season of use.fog the engine when done for the season. spray down the engine with crc silicone also. everthing else on the engine and fuel systems are original .
        after every use the motor gets flushed with fresh water and after third run out the fuel gets filled up..

Comment

http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...s-th11558.html

Comment

o2

http://www.boatsetup.com/O2sensor.pdf

have a look here

Comment

Working...
            X