2006 Yamaha F90 Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Yamaha F90 Question?

I have a 2006 f90 I pruchased brand new. It has only 241 hours and recently had to replace the voltage regulator due to overcharging (17+ volts). I noticed for the past 6 months or so it has been getting harder to start after a long run up the river. I've changed spark plugs and fuel filters but nothing seemed to make a difference till recently. I drained the fuel tank and the vapor separtor tank (VST). I then added a can of sea foam with 89 octane fuel thinking this might help the starting issue. It actually seemed to help. Then about two weeks later my family and I were headed to our favorite fishing spot about three miles up the river and we were running along about 4500 rpms then it started ****ing and eventually died to about 1500 rpms. So we coasted back home at that speed. I put it on the YDS(Yamaha Diagnostic System) when we got home to find one code. A code 37 which it said intake air apssage, check that no air is leaking in intake passage. OK so i did to find nothing wrong there. Then I ran the test to fully open the ISC (idle speed control) valve and it failed and the motor died. This test has failed ever scince I started having this problem so now this is where Im confused. Did I mess up the high pressure fuel pump and filter assemly with the sea foam causing these problems or did the voltage regulator over charging cause a problem with the ISC valve? PLEASE give me your thoughts.

Need to run fuel pressure test, probably need to remove and clean VST and may need new fuel pump.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X