Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help...please?

Hi everyone,

I have just finished a rebuild on my Yamaha 140A. Bolted on and got it running nicely. Running on oil from the injection system as well as a mix in the tank of 50:1, the engine started rattling after a while. You could get hold of the flywheel and move it back and forth slightly which would produce a clunk/click noise. So off with powerhead, stripped crankcase halves to check everything was tight, put back together with much less sealant than before between the crankcase halves. Bolted on, no movement at all in flywheel as before, JOY, started and run nicely for 5 mins, no rattling, stopped to check flywheel and same again, movement in flywheel, but no where near as much as before.

Can anyone tell me if I can expect some movement, or any other ideas? I cant understand how everything is ok to start with!

Thanks for any thoughts
    Tom

Remove cylinder heads and check for loose play in piston and rods by turning crank to bring piston to top dead center and slightly over center and push on piston to see if moves.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X