Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1984 90hp yamaha 90etln won't rev under load

Hi,
    I have a 1984 90hp yamaha (90 etln). The engine started experiencing a problem the other day. It ran fine for the first 15 minutes of use. I came to a stop after about 5 minutes of 3/4 throttle and put the engine in neutral. The engine idled fine. I then put the engine in gear and opened the throttle up fully. The engine probably reved no higher then 2000 rpm and seemed to bogg before dieing completely, barely moving my boat 3 feet. I started the engine and it idled fine. The engine revved up fine in neutral with no load, but under load the engine experienced the same problem of dieing out. I couldnt accelerate slowly either, although the engine would allow me to idle in gear. Strangely after several tries the engine worked and continued to work for 20 minutes of use. I even brought the boat to a stop and re-accelerated with no problem. 20 minutes later however i ran into the same problem. This continued a few times before i decided to pull the boat out of the water.
    anyone have any idea what the problem might be?
    sorry for the long post, and thanks in advance for any help!

Check compression, check spark at spark plugs, check fuel hoses, fuel filter. May need carbs cleaned.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X