Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 F115 Analog gauge wiring

Hi,

I am putting my boat back together with New Pro Series 11 analog gauges on a 2010 115 4 stroke, and have some problems. I can't find wiring schematics anywhere.

I think the water pressure sending unit is in the right place. There was a plug there with a plastic washer which I removed and the sending unit threads right in. The pic below shows it on the starboard side of the engine.

The other gauge I am confused about is the tach with oil and temp warnings. I have a harness for the tach which goes from the engine to the tach. It has a female plug end which goes to the male on the tach.

However, there are two other wires which I don't know about and there is no plug end in the accessories harness, or key switch harness for them.

They are the yellow with red stripes and the pink with red stripes. I do not think this is the right wiring harness after receiving feedback from another source, and since it does not fit what is on the tach.

The tach part # is 6Y7-83540-90-00. I do not know about the harness because the dealer took it from stock and did not order it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Jim
    Last edited by Clampman; 07-20-2010, 07:48 PM. Reason: More information

The pink and yellow wires on tach are for connecting to a trim gauge, if not installing a trim gauge then just they don't connect to anything just insulate them a tie back out of way.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

The wires are coming out of the tach not out of the harness that I think is wrong. There are two yellow/red stripe wires coming out of the tach itself (which has no trim indicator) one coming from the boot going to the oil warning light, and the other coming from the boot going to the temp warning light. Those two wires merge into the one in my hand, coming from the gauge itself.

Why would Yamaha route 2 wires for a trim indicator into a gauge that doesn't even have one, but does has an oil warning light and a temp warning light right where those two wires are being routed?

That doesn't make any sense to me.

Comment

Working...
      X