Yamaha f75

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha f75

I went to start my yamaha f75 and when I went to turn the key absolutley nothing happened. The trim and tilt worked fine so I figuired my battery connections were fine. I shifted the linkage back and forth with no luck. So I held the key in the start position and wiggled the shifter lever and she kicked in. I have not been able to reproduce this again. I checked all connections eveything looks good. I pushed the neutral safety switch in by hand and it engages eveytime. Could the nss not have made up right just once? Has there been any issues with the neutral safety switch going bad? I hate intermittant electrical problems because they never seem to go away.

Could be a bad neutral safety switch inside control box.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

This is a tiller model. The NSS is under the cowling. I located it earlier and pushed the switch in by hand back and forth and cannot reproduce the problem. What I would like to know if anybody else has had issues with this switch. Just wondering if I should just change it or not. It is simple to bypass if I get into a jam.

Comment

Working...
      X