2002 90 High Rpm problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 90 High Rpm problems

Recently my 2002 90 Hp will start missing and stall at rpm over 3400. As soon as you turn the key off and back it will run fine until you cross that 3400RPM then back down she goes.

I have a water sperator and I have inspect the on board fuel filter as well as the oil filter and tank, all is well. I drained the carburetors; no water no dirt. What is the function of the emergency fuel enrichment valve?

I tried disconnecting the yellow wires as recommend in the owners manual however the engine would not start. I disconnected the pink wire from the oil tank, end result it ran the same.

Any ideas

Joe
    Last edited by Joe Ritchie; 07-11-2010, 04:47 PM. Reason: Ad infromation

Could be an ignition problem or timing problem but would need to tested at time problem occurs.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

2002 90 High RPM troubles

Recently my 2002 90 Hp will start missing and stall at rpm over 3400. As soon as you turn the key off and back it will run fine until you cross that 3400RPM then back down she goes.

I have a water sperator and I have inspect the on board fuel filter as well as the oil filter and tank, all is well. I drained the carburetors; no water no dirt.
      I truly not believe that it is fuel related; what is the purpose of the emergency fuel enrichment valve?
      I tried disconnecting the yellow wires as recommend in the owners manual however the engine would not start. I disconnected the pink wire from the oil tank, end result it ran the same.

Any ideas

Joe

Comment

How does one check during the failure. Does it require special tools?

Comment

Working...
        X