1995 yamaha four stoke help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 yamaha four stoke help

have had a few problems with this outboard had some problems starting this outboard in past, so i put on a new head gasket as the oil was creamy cleaned carb, now all is well with oil, now i have put it back on boat and have used it a few times now for 5-10 mins playing about for past 2 weeks everything was well started first press of button every time ran very smooth,then last week went out for a spin 40-50 mins after stopping it i went to start it again and it was not the same very hard to start , then next day went to start it and nothing no sign of life on her, cheked plugs and both were getting sparks after playing about and putting some fuel on plugs about 5-6 times it started some smoke backfired out ou the carb but it was running and it ran fine again for next 5-6 days starting first time every day running fine for 5-10 mins again,then yesterday a took it for a spin again for 30 mins and the same happend again would not start this morning ,seems as if when it gets worm it goes like this what could it be?
    i am losing my hair and going grey very fast over this i have 3 boats and engines and use them all every day for work (fishing) and sep-april is my busy season and i need all 3 working so any help thanks
    the only outboard mec in town is an outboard breaker he splits outboars and sell the parts on flee bay i dont trust him

have just gone back to this engine 3 days after it would not start i did not change anything or do anything or clean anything, and it started stright away ticking over well running well too is there somthing i am missing fuel flow jet in carb, i have striped and gone overy the carb loads of times? will give it a 30 min blast tomorrow then go back to it next day to see it starts,
    anyone got any idea? when it gets worm wont start next day

Comment

Don't know what motor yo u have but sounds like a fuel problem.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
        Don't know what motor yo u have but sounds like a fuel problem.
        its a
        6g8
        yamaha F9.9AE
        what would it be jets or choke or air flow ?

Comment

Not familiar with that model but may need fuel pump replaced with newer water cooled fuel pump installed.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
            Not familiar with that model but may need fuel pump replaced with newer water cooled fuel pump installed.
            i am from uk ,it is the same as 1995 T9.9EXHT
            can i get a water cooled pump for this?
            thanks for your help

Comment

If you order the fuel pump for that model it will supersede to newer fuel pump kit, Yamaha Outboard Parts 1995 T9.9EXHT FUEL Diagram
              Regards
              Boats.net
              Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
              X