fuel in oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel in oil

Hello all! first time poster/member. Owned many Yamaha's in the past but this is my first Yamaha marine product(2003 f40). Very happy with the power and fuel effiency and love that i can can a conversation while driving lol!! One little problem i noticed some oil/fuel streeking in the water while *****ing. one my second outing. I had filled my tank and left the fuel hose attatched while in transport(3 hour drive). Could the tank have pressurized enough to push fuel past my fuel pump? I took it off and it looks nice and clean. diaphram looked good to. I also took the carbs off and they where clean as a whistle, needle and seat looked new. Not thinking anything to do with carbs due to the fact if that gas was going that route it would run like crap. I changed the oil and ran it on the driveway all seemed good. Had a heat wave and i had left the fuel hose on again and low and behold fuel in my oil again. anybody else have any simialr dealings? any info would be great!! Seeing as e-bay only had a pump for 05 and newer(55 bucks) and a local dealer, wanted237 bucks!ouch!! Any input would be great thank you very much in advance. i only found this site today at work but i will try and get some pics on my past/other Yamaha's to show.

Forgot to mention the oil/fuel was coming out through the dip stick(i think) and then the drain holes under the hood, and into the water from behind the plastic tansom cover.

Comment

your tank should be vented to keep pressure from building up, and even if it did then the float should close the needle and seat keeping fuel out of carbs. You must have something wrong if it is filling with fuel while it is not running. There are many posts about 4 strokes making oil, do a search and read up on the subject

Comment

I have done that making oil search and don't get many answers. have found some posts about fuel pressure or thermostat sticking open(causing full choke) I don't see the fuel issue to be coming form needle and seat. running so nice, wouldn't you think it would run like a bag'o'crap then?Plus the fuel would run out the over flows befor into the crank case. Also tank is portable not built in. i'll check if someone closed my vent on me!? thanks for the quick reply
        Last edited by shaker; 07-06-2010, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X