40hp 2-stroke fuel problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40hp 2-stroke fuel problem

my 1997 3 carb 2-stroke, stared to run only at 2400rpm, it would at time come up to full power then spud-er and then the rpm would drop off, it would not idle for long. when I switched to "emergency" it idled good, but only ran at 2400 rpm. I found allot of stuff in the fuel screen in the engine, I changed that as well as a new 10micron water separator, with so change, next I removed and cleaned all carbs and parts, and installed all the part that came with the carb kit, it's a little better but still hesitates when full power is added. I did spray carb cleaner into each jet, but did not replace them, should I do that next. Also after I but the carbs back on I have not rpm indication

Probably still has plugged passages or jets in carbs, the jets can be cleaned, don't usually have to replace them.
    Cleaning carbs shouldn't have anything to do with tach signal, make sure you didn't reconnect a ground wire on engine somewhere.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

when I took off the oil tank to get to fuel lines there was a back wire that I thought came off the oil tank bolt, so a put between the bolt and block, I guess the explain's the tack, but what would this wire go to?

Comment

I have the same motor and similar problems. My wire was between the oil tank and block.

Comment

Did you take it off, and solve problem?

Comment

Did you fix the problem. Same motor and mine hesititates a little as well..seems to me like everyone with this motor has had this problem before.

Comment

Working...
            X