Oil Problems 1989 140hp AETO PBS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Problems 1989 140hp AETO PBS

Recently motor has been blowing excessive blue smoke ( to the point of embarrassment ) when started after extended periods in storage.
    Whilst trying to fix this problem I managed to break the bleeder screw on oil pump near main tank which caused all oil in this tank to drain out. After obtaining a new screw and re-filling main tank from sub tank, sensor in main tank now appears faulty as pump in sub tank continues to operate when required level in main tank is reached and then exceeded. ( Green oil light comes on, red light extinguishes and warning buzzer stops but oil pump continues to operate).
    Can anybody tell me if it is possible to disconnect the precision blend system and what action I need to take to ensure motor runs correctly?
    Fuel/oil mix to be used 50:1
    Thanks in anticipation.

Not familiar with that model motor, it's not sold here in USA and not sure if it's same as models here.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
      Not familiar with that model motor, it's not sold here in USA and not sure if it's same as models here.
      Motor purchased new in Australia and has had limited use.
      From reading other threads it sounds very similar to older models with precision blend systems sold in USA.

Comment

Originally posted by Billco View Post
        Motor purchased new in Australia and has had limited use.
        From reading other threads it sounds very similar to older models with precision blend systems sold in USA.
        Engine Cover had Yamaha V4 140 recorded

Comment

Probably needs engine oil tank sensor replaced, if you can find a block off plate(one off of a C115 model might work) to seal hole in block then you could remove oil injection system and it probably is a 50:1 oil mix but can't say for sure since we don't have any information on it.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
          X