wont idle but good and higher rpm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wont idle but good and higher rpm

My engine wont start without the prime start lever fully up.wont happen before i service all the three carb.Also hard to idle unless i have to tune its higher which is not usually as normal before i service the carb.Also hard and shaking to get it to plane but at higher rpm its good,Any suggestion?mine is yamaha 2 stroke 85hp

Sounds like still have plugged passages or jets in carbs.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Ok.i will service the carb again.there are two jet in each carb,Are the jet need a special rotation or just fully screw in without any rotation procedure?

Comment

Did you get your idle issue sorted out. Mine was doing the same thing and it was frustrating but i finally figured it out. Let me know if i can help.

Comment

yes ,still have prob at the idle.sometimes during starting it start at one shot but sometimes its hard to start.and my other prob is the engine will shaking at low rpm and hard to get to higher rpm,once at higher rpm the engine was perfect.I have service the carb,new plug,new fuel pump diaghpram,new fuel filter,new fuel line and primer bulb,mixing ratio is as per factory manual.i hope u can help me

Comment

can i know your engine prob before and how do you solve the prob

Comment

What is the air screw set at? Set it to the max according to your spec but first take them out and use a air hose and blow them out(dont have to take carbs off motor to do this). Blow in the hole you screwed them out of. Make sure the breather is off so you let the clog or junk escape. You have an obstruction in there.

Comment

All 3 my air screw was set 1 1/4 turn anticlockwise after full in.Where does the breather located?

Comment

All 3 my air screw was set 1 1/4 turn anticlockwise after full in.I didnt know the factory manual or recommended screw turn for my engine.Where does the breather located and how to turn it off?

Comment

Working...
                  X