Water in oil 2003 F115TXRB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water in oil 2003 F115TXRB

I have a 2003 F115TXRB and have been finding water in the oil. I was told that the oil pump and/or the seals in the upper casing could be the problem, so I started by replacing all the seals in the upper casing and the oil pump first. The water is still showing up in the oil, so I feel that the head gasket is the only other point where water can be getting into the oil. I'm NOT losing oil. Can the head be removed from the engine without the engine being removed from the upper casing?

Do a compression test to see if cylinders are even, if one is low then could be blown head gasket.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Water in oil F115TXRB

THe engine runs real good so I did not feel that it was the head gasket because there doesn't appear to be any loss of compression. I will check it now as you suggested. Again, could you tell me if I can pull the cylinder head off the power head without pulling the power head off the upper casing; and will I need to pull the rocker arm assembly off the head in order to get to all the head bolts. This information would be greatly appreciated. Just want to know what I'm up against. Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X