2004 Yamaha F225 spitting water from idle exhaust port

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Yamaha F225 spitting water from idle exhaust port

I am running triple 2004 Yamaha F225's. I had to replace all the exhaust components (everything below the block) due to corrosion. I also noticed that the center engine was missing the gasket on the water pump housing outlet, so I replaced it.

When I started the engines the two outboard engines ran normal but the center engine was spitting water out of the idle exhaust port about 30 sec after starting the engine. It looks like the jacket around the exhaust assembly is filling with water and spitting out of the idle port. The problem is either sending too much water into the jacket or the water is not draining fast enough. Also, the center engine is mounted lower than the outboard engine. The center engine did not do this before at idle (600 rpm).

Do you think the water pump gasket was intentionally left off to reduce the water flow to the engine? When I increase the rpms on the outboard engines to ~1000 rpm they begin to spit water. I also changed the thermostats and poppet valve.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Check the high pressure control valve to see if it's stuck open.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I did check the poppet valve even though I just replaced it. The valve was sprung closed and the spring tension felt good.

Comment

Not sure what would cause that then, it's not uncommon to see some water come out relief holes if motor sits low in water at idle speed. If the engine is cooling ok then probably cause any problems. As far as the gasket I haven't seen models missing that gasket so I don't think that is it.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X