Fuel gage problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel gage problem

I have a Yamaha 150 4 stroke, and a Yamaha dash board.

I'm trying to track down a problem with my fuel gage which is providing erratic read outs. How can I get a wiring diagram showing the connections from fuel tank to back panel?

Thanks,
    Rocky

There is only two wires on fuel tank sender, one is ground and other(usually pink wire) goes to fuel gauge.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

check connections on the fuel sender if they look good touch ground wire to pink gauge should top out if not problem is in wires or gauge

Comment

Originally posted by waltdiggity View Post
        check connections on the fuel sender if they look good touch ground wire to pink gauge should top out if not problem is in wires or gauge

Thanks. Are you saying touch ground wire to pink wire and gauge will read full?

Comment

I did some more checking. I found the pink wire behind the dash panel. When I turn on the ignition the fuel gauge reads full (I know it's not full). When I disconnect the pink wire and turn on the ignition the fuel gauge reads empty (only one bar showing out of 8 or 10 bars). I'm not sure what all this means?

Typically, where would the ground wire from the tank be grounded?

Thanks

Comment

I managed to get a small camera near the sender wires. I assume the center wire goes to the gauge and the one on the side is the ground. I wish I could get my hand in there to attach two additional wires to test it. :-(
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X