yamaha digital tach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha digital tach

I just purchase a used boat with a 115 hp four stroke ,my problem is that on the tachometer the hours running time shows but my trip time is blank although when I scan through it there seems to be a spot for it,any help much appreciated. Also i knowthey say you cannot change the total hour clock but could this be wrong and that is the cause of my problem?

thanks in advance

The engine hours in tach can't be reset but the trip hour meter can be reset and you have to run engine for an hour before it will show any readings.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Yamaha digital tach

I understand that it takes an hour to get a trip reading ,but I have put four hours on the unit and it does not register the trip just the total hours, is this possibly a wiring problem

Comment

The trip hours is calulated by the tach so probably wouldn't be wiring problem. Possible a bad tach.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Yamaha digital tach

I guess my next question would be, what signal are they using to rack up the running time for the hour and trip meter. If both come from the same system then I guess the tach might be pooched. I am not doubting the info , I am just interested in this stuff also am not ready to take it to my nearest dealer if you know what I mean.

Thanks Again

Comment

It uses the rpm signal to know when engine is running, along with it's internal clock to calculate hours.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
            X