93 115 outboard carb settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 115 outboard carb settings

Hi all, I just rebuilt carbs on my 115 outboards and after installing I adjusted them to aprox 3/4 of a turn open from fully closed. My question since I'm not too familiar w/ 2 cycle is, is that rich enough or should I be a little more heavy handed on the fuel? I'm getting some blue smoke from the exhaust so I think I'm allright. I have seen some post for other engines saying they open them in that ball park, but I'm just looking for reassurance.
    By the way this all seemed to start after getting water in the gas and since the boat is new to me (a couple weeks) I'm not sure of the boat's (93 proline 190) history. Is it possible or should I say common for the tank to pick up water through the tank vent? Or is it more likely to have been contaminated all along?

Water in fuel

Read up on E-10 Gasoline with Ethanol. It attracts water and does all kinds of nasty stuff to outboard motors. I've been fighting E-10 related problems for 4 years. So far it has cost me over $2500 in repairs.

Comment

what type of repairs? internal engine? Fuel system?

Comment

Originally posted by rsfPro19 View Post
        what type of repairs? internal engine? Fuel system?
        Multiple carb rebuilds to open up plugged jets and filters. After the first I added a 10 micron filter. I'm on my third tear down now - one carb is plugged up again.

Comment

Working...
        X