03 60hp 4 stroke problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 03 60hp 4 stroke problem

I have a 2003 60hp 4 stroke, got it new in 04 with new boat. This has been the first bigger motor for me, have had many 5 - 15 hp motors. The motor is great BUT about the second year had to take it in and was told this model (carbed) is known for its small jets and they clog a lot. So 200+ dollars later after they cleaned the jets the motor has ran great but now starting to act up again, acting the same way. Is this a common problem and is 200+ bucks high to have it fixed? Also let me add I use the boat very little, motor only has about 80 hours on it so it does sit a lot which probably adds to this. Thanks for any advice or tips to help with this. JT

When it sits and not being run the gas goes bad and it will dry up in carb leaving a varnish that plug jets and passages and require them to be cleaned, 200.00 to clean and sync 4 carbs is very cheap.
    When you get carbs cleaned and old gas removed from boat then ask your dealer what fuel stabilizer to use for gas you are getting in your area and ask them best way to prep it for storage after each use. I prefer to drain gas out of carbs with carb drain screws but they need to show where the drain screws are.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X