Engine stall after running and going to idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine stall after running and going to idle

I have a 2003 f225 i have been having problems lately with the engine staaling out. I start up fine in the morning will run out at speed for 30 minutes to 1.5 hours as soon as I slow to a spot or a drift, the engine stalls out. Most of the time I pump the primer once or twice and she starts back up but will continue with same problem everytime I slow down or idle. Any ideas as to whats up? thanks in advance.

Need to have fuel vacumn test and fuel pressure run to check for fuel pump problem or air leak in fuel delivery hoses. Check throttle body sync and idle control valve.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Went back over weekend checked lines from tank changed primer bulb, drained racor. I am fuel out of the bulb when I disconnected fuel hose from eingine side. When I reconnect hose, to primer I am not getting gas into engine. Any suggestions appreciated. Just trying to troubleshoot as much as possible before getting deeper in the repair.

Comment

vapor seperator

does your motor have a vapor kit on it we had to put one on our motor it was a warranty issue and it cleared up the stalling

Comment

It takes awhile to reprime after empting fuel from lines and filter. If you hold the primer bulb so arrow is straight up when pumping it will help prime fuel.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the tip I went by this morning held the primer bulb upright and it filled up right away and the engine fired up right away. Could this issue been resolved with just the changing of the primer bulb? I'd hate to make an offshore run and have the same issue again. thanks for the input!!!!

Comment

Any other preventative maintenance things I can do to avoid the stalling problem?
              Thanks!!!

Comment

Working...
              X