Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89, 8hp 2 stroke fuel delivery problem

Hello,

This has been a sweet running motor - always well maintained - always started two pulls on choke then off we go.

It began to run lean and soon need full choke to stay running and soon would not run. Good spark - dry plugs - I purchased diaphrams and gaskets for the fuel pump and installed - no change - strong fuel pressure to the fuel pump block but fuel does not seem to get to the float bowl.

I pulled the carb and inspected needle and seat - was free and looked good, no gas in the bowl. If I give a little shot of starting fluid it will fire off and quit. I don't like to do that many times on a two stroke.

Would like some ideas from you fine folks.

thanks ahead of time!!

Buzz

Sounds like you have a blockage. Take apart and clean passages and hoses

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      Sounds like you have a blockage. Take apart and clean passages and hoses
      Good advice - I have replaced the fuel line from tank to quick connect fitting on the motor and the fuel line from quick connect to the fuel pump.

And as stated earlier I have put diaphrams and gaskets in the pump. All looks good - really perplexing.

Question - how is fuel drawn through the pump? Vacuum?
      What makes the pump work?

thanks

Buzz
      Last edited by buzzltyear57; 06-02-2010, 12:23 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I forgot to say - no difference after new lines - still good pressure to the pump block - but no fuel into the bowl.

Buzz

Comment

Maybe remove, disassemble and clean carb, jets, passages.

Comment

Yup - thats my next plan - will advise.

thanks

Comment

And start using an Ethanol stabilizer like Startron or StaBil Marine. Also add a 10 micron filter if you don't have one. If your blockage is due to E-10 (Ethanol enhanced) fuel problems, you will be fixing it more than once if you don't get the problem solved at the source.

Comment

Working...
              X