115 4 stroke Problem with rpms under load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 115 4 stroke Problem with rpms under load

When I leave the dock, My motor runs almost normal up to 5300 rpms but it won't top out at it's usual 5500. After I Idle back down or run for a while it will back down to around 4800 rpms and has gotten as low as 4000 rpms. It isn't running rough, and seems to have plenty of power up to the point it chooses to go to. I've changed the fuel filter and fuel water separator, The plugs and wires were changed about 10 hours ago as was the oil. It has brand new gas with sta bil added. I don't believe it is bad gas because it's not running rough and I filled my truck up at the same time. Any input would be greatly appreciated

Do you trailer your boat or is it in the water all the time what i am asking is the hull clean ? no barrnies or weed ?

Comment

Originally posted by mitch View Post
      Do you trailer your boat or is it in the water all the time what i am asking is the hull clean ? no barrnies or weed ?
      I trailer the most it has ever stayed in the water is 4 days

Comment

give the vst a clean make sure that you clean the little filter on the bottom of the high pressure fuel pump in the vst

Comment

Working...
        X