Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing trim sender UGHHHH

Ok

I was lubing my stuck trim sender on my Yami Vmax 200, and while pushing on it, the activation arm and spring came off. I have been attempting to remove the Sender for an hour ,but getting to the screw and applying any kind of torque, is a *****.
    any one out their who's removed the sender have any tips for removing that screw , It has already been soaked in T9

Thanks
    Steve

I've read post about this sender and it should be lubed. Where exactly is it on the tilt trim?
    1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
    1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

the trim sender is on the top of your foward motor bracket. if looking from behind with motor trimmed all the way up it is towards the left on top of the bracket.
      if trimmed downed you can also see it when on the boat looking back towards motor on motor bracket behing the steering rod. on my 2000 vmax its here
      Yamaha OEM Parts ? Outboards, Outboard Motors

the cam which pushes the arm on the sender is located on the main rod that holds the outboard to the bracket

My senders shot( stuck) $125 for a new one , and my cam is broken $15. from now on I will make sure to spray T9 or similar inside the sender to keep from locking up .
      It is a monumental pain in the *** to get the sender off , the 2 screws are almost inaccessible , and both screws of mine were locked up. 4 hours !!!!!!

see
      Last edited by steve gordon; 05-14-2010, 02:43 PM.

Comment

sorry my link didnt show up with photo
        go to Yamaha OEM Parts ? Outboards, Outboard Motors
        find your outboard goto to " Bracket 2" the sender is part #3 , the Cam is #1, and the f***ing screws are #4
        sorry for my harsh descriptive narrative of the screws , Ilove my Yami's but this is the most poorly designed component of the whole entire motor.

Steve

Comment

Keeeeeerist! I thought I lubed everything up for the season and I didn't even know this was in there! I'm waiting to read how you get that dog out. May have a hard time though, I don't understand French...
          1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
          1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

off !!!

I am guessing this would have cost me $400-500 dollars to replace at my yami shop based on the time it took me to get this off

Ratchets, extensions ,philips bits , blow torch, 5 sets of pliers very long screwdrivers , two neighbors,( one an aircraft mechanic), lube, bloody hands, half a day, .I could have replaced my power head easier.

Keep these little units well oiled my friends

Steve

Comment

Working...
            X