water in Bottom Cylinder 90hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water in Bottom Cylinder 90hp

I have a 1989 90 hp. After coming in on the last trip the engine started running rough through the no wake zone. When I got home I checked the plugs and the bottom cylinder had white oil in it. I thought it might be the head gasket so i changed it. Same problem even when it was started cold. Any ideas? Some one thought it might be the exhaust manifold gasket. Any help would be great.

I think you have to go for clean uo.Make it clean and dry.Then check whether it is working or not.
    [url=http://www.hidkitscheap.com/yamaha-c-60]Yamaha HID Conversion Kit[/url]

Comment

UO

What is the UO?

Comment

May have hole corroded through cylinder head or exhaust plate from water passage side, check them for holes.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

how do i do that?

How do i do this?

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
          May have hole corroded through cylinder head or exhaust plate from water passage side, check them for holes.

Comment

common problem?

i have this same issue, water in the oil of lower cylinder of my 1989 90 hp, is this a common problem, most likely head gasket or in the water jacket?

Comment

I know this is an old post but I've got the same problem. Replaced the head and head gasket. Piston and cylinder look fine & I have 100 psi in the 3rd cylinder (98 in #1 & 95 in #2).

Boats.net, when you say "Exhaust Plate From Water Passage side" are you talking about the part number 688-41111-00-9M, INNER COVER, EXHAUST?

Comment

Yes, look for a hole in it.
                Regards
                Boats.net
                Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Did you ever get it fixed Im have the same thing head and gasket looks fine exhaust plate look fine. Stumped any help?

Comment

Working...
                  X